• "Ut maneat vobiscum in focus" - "May the focus be with you"

    Travel Photography, Travel Gear...


    Most of the Photography blogs I have visited have a page or post about what gear the have and use. So I thought I should just post a short description of the gear I use. Being a teenager I don't have a really big budget for gear, another thing is that you don't need really expensive lenses and cameras, it is mostly a matter of using what you have, getting the shot and using what you have to the maximum effect. I usually carry three lenses and one DSLR body, I use a 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens, a 50mm f1.8 lens and a 70-300mm tele-macro. For me these lenses are more than enough to cover a wide range of activities. The 18-55 can do landscape photos, some macro photos. The 50mm can provide fast focusing, sharp photos, good macro photos and good low-light shooting. The 70-300 tele-macro can provide reach for taking photos of wildlife, sports and far away objects. These three lenses together cost about $500. Which isn't too bad, considering how expensive some lenses can be.... I use a Sony a290 (Slightly older camera but, it serves me well)

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please feel free to comment below!